Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2015/05/05 17:15:46 UTC

Also moving to a new team

As with Michal, you'll be seeing less of me around. My new full-time
project will be on the Android port of Chrome.

Just want to make it clear that us moving to new teams has nothing to do
with a lack of faith in the project, but rather is due to needing a change
of scenery and exciting new projects becoming available here.

I'm super excited to see a new wave of committers joining the project! The
momentum has certainly picked up:
- Cordova-android 4.0.0 was huge
- Plugins to npm was huge
- Win10 and wkwebview will be massive launches as well!

Great time for Cordova! (or a bad one... you know... if you're measuring
against the goal of becoming obsolete :P)

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
+1 to that! The recent work with ServiceWorkers, app banners/install
treating web apps as first class all point to a future where we don't need
Cordova anymore (on Android anyhow).

Thanks Andrew and all the best on Chrome. =)

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Awesome - Good luck Andrew!

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Andrew!
Best of luck in your new role, don't be a stranger.

Cheers,
  Jesse

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

RE: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Dmitry Blotsky <db...@microsoft.com>.
Congrats on the move! Wish you all the best on the new team.

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

RE: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.

RE: Also moving to a new team

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com>.
Best of luck on your new project.
--
Gorkem

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Andrey Kurdumov <ka...@googlemail.com>.
Little bit late, but anyway.
Good luck on your team. You help me a lot merging stuff to Docs. :)

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Tommy-Carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

RE: Also moving to a new team

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Was great collaborating with all you guys, good luck on your new projects.
You all help make the web a little better :-)

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Tommy-Carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.
:(

That is very sad. You will all be missed.

Good luck with whatever you do next.

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
We will miss you both! Good luck you two!

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Also moving to a new team

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.