Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ove Ranheim <Ov...@fikse.net> on 2002/11/25 11:51:30 UTC

Programatically define Tiles Definitions (Struts Nightly)

Since the Template Tag now is deprecated, how do I mangage to solve this
issue with Tiles?

      ContentMap cm = ContentMap contentMap = new ContentMap();
	contentMap.put("top", new Content("page1.java", "false"));
	contentMap.put("left", new Content("page2.java", "false"));
	contentMap.put("right", new Content("page3.java", "false"));
	contentMap.put("bottom", new Content("page4.java", "false"));
      ContentMapStack.push(pageContext, cm);

Regards,
Ove Ranheim
ove@fikse.net

Re: Programatically define Tiles Definitions (Struts Nightly)

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
Also, you know that deprecated does not mean you cannot use the tags,
right?  The tags still are good.  I am not suggesting anything, but
"deprecating" a tld is not really "deprecating," is it?  If you want to use
it, use it.  Like Yogi said about the striking baseball players (only in
reverse): "If they don't want to play, who is going to stop them?".

At 06:17 PM 11/29/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  You can access the current Tiles' context, and add/modify tile
> attributes (put).
>  Also, you can create programatically a tile definition and instruct to
> use it. There is some examples in
> tiles-documentation/tests/testStrutsAction.jsp.
>
>   Cedric
>
>Ove Ranheim wrote:
>
>>Since the Template Tag now is deprecated, how do I mangage to solve this
>>issue with Tiles?
>>
>>      ContentMap cm = ContentMap contentMap = new ContentMap();
>>         contentMap.put("top", new Content("page1.java", "false"));
>>         contentMap.put("left", new Content("page2.java", "false"));
>>         contentMap.put("right", new Content("page3.java", "false"));
>>         contentMap.put("bottom", new Content("page4.java", "false"));
>>      ContentMapStack.push(pageContext, cm);
>>
>>Regards,
>>Ove Ranheim
>>ove@fikse.net
>>

>>--
>>

>--

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you

Re: Programatically define Tiles Definitions (Struts Nightly)

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,