Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bernhard Slominski <be...@zooplus.com> on 2005/06/13 14:27:45 UTC

Hot deployment - Your experience

Hi all,

I'm working on a backoffice admin application on Tomcat (5.5.7, Sun Solaris
9).
I try to do hot deployment via a war file, but it doesn't work at all for
me.
What I do is just to copy the war file across.

The problems I got (happens randomly):
- application including war file disappears
- Randon error messages, like log4j exceptions occur, it's fine after
restrating
- Tomcat hangs up

I just want to know if someone is using hot deployment  and interested how
you do it.

Thank you

Bernhard

Re: Hot deployment - Your experience

Posted by Dirk Weigenand <Di...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

i use the predefined task supplied with tomcat to deploy my application to
tomcat. There are no problems using these tasks.

regards,
       Dirk

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++