Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Aravapalli, Udaya" <Ud...@McKesson.com> on 2002/09/19 18:21:14 UTC

Logout and Browser Back

Hi
         when I logout of the Struts application and click on browser
back I was taken to the previous page(where I clicked on logout) .

        But If I tried to do any operation on this page, I'll be taken
to the login page. Is there any way to prevent the browser back taking
to this   previous page and directly take me to the login page(if I
click on browser back after logout).

thanks
Uday

Re: Logout and Browser Back

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I have written a small jsp , and included in all jsp
pages, this jsp check if the user is signed on or
signed off basically checks the session, if the
session is inavlidated i redirect the user to login
page
Ashish
--- "Aravapalli, Udaya"
<Ud...@McKesson.com> wrote:
> Hi
>          when I logout of the Struts application and
> click on browser
> back I was taken to the previous page(where I
> clicked on logout) .
>
>         But If I tried to do any operation on this
> page, I'll be taken
> to the login page. Is there any way to prevent the
> browser back taking
> to this   previous page and directly take me to the
> login page(if I
> click on browser back after logout).
>
> thanks
> Uday

=====
A$HI$H

RE: Getting Message from properties file in servlet

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Hi, sorry for the delay.  Had family chores (my son's soccer practice) to
do.

> This works fine when i have only one properties file for english

If this work for you in english, then it should work for all others.

Have a good one!!!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

RE: Getting Message from properties file in servlet

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James
it does not work that way , what i have done is the
following..
MessageResources mr =
MessageResources.getMessageResources("com.pfizer.maps.maps");
where "com.pfizer.maps.maps" is my properties file,
defined in web.xml,
String message = mr.getMessage(locale, key);

This works fine when i have only one properties file
for english, can u test if this will work in
internaltiozation, say i have one more properties filr
"com.pfizer.maps.maps_fr",
will this same code work.
Ashish

--- James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com> wrote:
> <Off-the-top-of-my-head/>
> If your servlet is running in the same web app as
> your struts app, (I think)
> you should be able to:
>
> **warning - this is only from memory***
>
>   MessageResources mr =

servletcontext.getAttribute("org.apache.struts.MESSAGE");
>   mr.getMessage("index.title");
>

> James Mitchell
> Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
> Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
> http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

=====
A$HI$H

Struts1.1.b2 and Menu

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have a javascript which populates a drop down menu,
now i want to integrate in struts,
So suppose i have a menu item which calls AddUser.jsp,
In my previous version , u se to give a total path
like
http://servername:8080/maps/pages/AddUser.jsp in my
menu so i can call it from any level,
so how can i write a Action Class to call this
AddUser.jsp, what definiation i need in struts-config
file file, and what is need in my javascript path
definition( how do i replace the abouve total path)

Ashish

=====
A$HI$H

Struts1.1.b2 and stop Debug messages

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I m using struts1.1.b2 for developing my web
application,
but there are so many debug messages generated my
struts that i cannot find my message in std.out file ,
is there a way i can stop these messages comingin mt
std.out file

Ashish

=====

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.