Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2001/11/30 02:18:00 UTC

Mod_cgi doesn't seem to write stderr to the error_log

I haven't had time to verify it myself, but I have been told that it is happening.
Mod_cgi is not actually writing error message from the script to the error_log.
I would consider this a major showstopper!

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

> I haven't had time to verify it myself, but I have been told that it is happening.
> Mod_cgi is not actually writing error message from the script to the error_log.
> I would consider this a major showstopper!

Definately proven to myself that it's _working_ on HEAD.

Perhaps in conjuction with suexec, specifically?  Or something else I can't
verify, like mod_cgid.

Bill

Re: Mod_cgi doesn't seem to write stderr to the error_log

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 05:18:00PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I haven't had time to verify it myself, but I have been told that it is happening.
> Mod_cgi is not actually writing error message from the script to the error_log.
> I would consider this a major showstopper!

It's working fine for me with both mod_cgi and mod_cgid. The only
difference is that mod_cgid isn't prefixing any log metadata:

prefork+mod_cgi:
  [Thu Nov 29 18:00:41 2001] [error] [client 10.250.1.5] foo

worker+mod_cgid:
  foo

Same thing with and without suexec enabled.

-aaron