Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by belaran <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/23 13:49:25 UTC

Interception mechanism (very small question)

Hi,

I studied very carefully the interception mechanism in HiveMind, and
the way see it , it's not an AOP features, because the interception
happens on "run time", am i right here ? I just want to make sure that
i did miss something here...

Re: Interception mechanism (very small question)

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@verideon.com>.
> I studied very carefully the interception mechanism in HiveMind, and
> the way see it , it's not an AOP features, because the interception
> happens on "run time", am i right here ? I just want to make sure that
> i did miss something here...

I wouldn't get particular about runtime or compile time or
post-compilation time, it doesn't matter really when or how it happens..
it's the runtime behavior that counts.  AOP has several keys and one of
them is cross-cutting concerns.  HiveMind's interceptors is a way to
handle cross-cutting concerns.  Although HiveMind isn't a full AOP system,
it's interceptor mechanism sounds very attractive to me.  Mention AOP and
people (especially project managers) freak out.  It's a risk for the
project, can't use it.  But for some reason IoC containers are gaining
better exceptance.  And if HiveMind can sneak in a little AOP then I'm all
for it.  ;)

-Michael

--
This E-mail is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  If you are
not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.