Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Sahith Nallapareddy via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/01/24 21:44:29 UTC

Adding configurable gRPC channels to External transform

Hello,

I made a PR, https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/25151, to add configurable
gRPC channel to the ArtifactRetrievalService stub. We are hosting our
external transforms in different environments and we were trying to host
them in Google Cloud Run. This requires that the gRPC calls have to use
TransportSecurity and also include additional authorization in each call.
This was possible to implement for the Expand stub, but not the
ArtifactRetrieval stub. I am wondering who are the best people to request
reviews for this? This is my naive implementation and am very open to
change on how this should be implemented!

Thanks,

Sahith

Re: Adding configurable gRPC channels to External transform

Posted by Sahith Nallapareddy via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Hi,

I updated this PR now after a long wait. I am not actually sure how I can
write tests for this as I am unfamilar with how the artifact service works
and its inputs. Can someone maybe help me with that?

Thanks,

Sahith

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.