Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Gowri LN <go...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/05 05:00:51 UTC

error deploying apache guacamole on AWS EC2

Hi All,

I tried deploying apache Guacamole(docker version) on AWS EC2. Installation
is  successful but I am unable to reach the gucamole server using EC2
public IP as it says connection refused . When I check the iptables , I can
see that docker is bound to private IP and can allow connections but I need
to reach the service at public IP .

Is there something that I am missing here.

More details :

Guacamole version: 0.9.10
Port 8080 is allowed in security group of EC2

Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks,

Re: error deploying apache guacamole on AWS EC2

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Gowri LN <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I tried deploying apache Guacamole(docker version) on AWS EC2. Installation
> is  successful but I am unable to reach the gucamole server using EC2
> public IP as it says connection refused . When I check the iptables , I can
> see that docker is bound to private IP and can allow connections but I need
> to reach the service at public IP .

iptables wouldn't show where Docker is bound - it would show the various
block/allow rules that make up your system's firewall, though checking that
would be helpful (see below).

Can you confirm that Docker is listening on port 8080 on a publicly-visible
address via:

    netstat -ln | grep 8080

> Is there something that I am missing here.
>
> More details :
>
> Guacamole version: 0.9.10
> Port 8080 is allowed in security group of EC2

What Linux distribution are you using? Is there a firewall enabled by
default which might be blocking things?

- Mike