Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/04/20 18:16:28 UTC

*UserServlet and *GroupServlet Documentation

Is there any existing documentation for the Servlets in the
usermanager bundle ?

If not, how would you like it to be created ?
In the past I have done something where you can add a ?doc=1 to the
url to get the documentation for the service.
But there are plenty of other approaches (apt, javadoc, htmlpages,
googledocs etc)
I know I am going to get asked by a bunch of UI (HTML/JS) developers
how they use these services, and they wont read java code.

Ian

Re: *UserServlet and *GroupServlet Documentation

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
There is no formal documentation.

However, if you look inside the patch that was submitted (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12401717/usermanager_as_servlets.zip),
there is a file (updated_samples.html.esp) that demonstrates the sample
usage for all the possible activities (create/update/delete users and
groups).

It would probably be good to have the usage examples on the sling wiki
somewhere.  I can try to do that later this week, unless someone else wants
to volunteer.

Maybe we should just add some simple .esp pages to the launchpad application
to handle simple user/group manipulation activities?  Or would it be
preferable to just have a bundle in the samples?

Regards,
eric