Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2006/10/31 09:23:48 UTC

Maven bundle plugin update

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Maven plugin for creating
bundles...

I have been working with Peter to create a patch for the plugin so that
it can use his new BND library. It turns out that the "patch" is so
completely different than the old plugin that I will commit it as a
completely separate plugin so that we can have both side-by-side for the
time being.

I think the new plugin is better, but since it is so different we should
let people decide for themselves. If everyone agrees, then we can
eventually eliminate the old one.

I am trying to get some documentation up today, commit the plugin, and
update some of subprojects to use it. I am looking at using it to
package the three framework-related subprojects into a single JAR (i.e.,
combine osgi.core, framework, and main), which will simplify our
distribution and execution...more on that later.

I will let you know when I have something for you to look at...

-> richard