Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Amit Srivastava <am...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/05/03 09:39:27 UTC

remove background color using JPEGTranscoder

  HI,
  I am using JPEGTranscoder to transcode svg to JPEG image.
It does it fine but a very light background color is coming.
I tried using
.addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_BACKGROUND_COLOR, Color.white);
but still the background is coming .
How to remove that color ?

thanks,
Amit

Re: remove background color using JPEGTranscoder

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Amit Srivastava wrote:

>   I am using JPEGTranscoder to transcode svg to JPEG image.
> It does it fine but a very light background color is coming.
> I tried using
> .addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_BACKGROUND_COLOR, Color.white);
> but still the background is coming .

    Well I would expect that using white as the background
color would result in a light background.  Did you try setting
it to 'black' to get a dark background?  Or did you mean that it
was 'tinted' - you wanted it pure white but it had some other
color in it?

> How to remove that color ?

    If it is tinted then you probably have a semi-transparent
element in the document that is tinting the background.
You would needed to remove that element from the document.

Re: remove background color using JPEGTranscoder

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 07:39 +0000, Amit Srivastava wrote:

>   HI,
>   I am using JPEGTranscoder to transcode svg to JPEG image.
> It does it fine but a very light background color is coming.
> I tried using
> .addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_BACKGROUND_COLOR, Color.white);
> but still the background is coming .
> How to remove that color ?

How about trying this

ImageTranscoder.KEY_FORCE_TRANSPARENT_WHITE (true/false)

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa