Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Twan <tw...@sensualdirectory.com> on 2007/04/27 11:34:42 UTC

NAT traversal support?

Hi,

I'm currently working on a test case on which a client has incoming
and outgoing connections. In other words the client is a client
(connect to other clients) and a server (other clients can connect).

A thing i run into is the whole NAT/firewall problem. upnp seem to be
a good solution on first view but many customer routers don't support
it or don't support it correctly. Another solution i found is to do
something like jxta does with a relay server. One solution i'm
currently looking into is something called "punch-through".

Does mina support a method for NAT traversal?

Kind regards,
Twan

Re: NAT traversal support?

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 27, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Twan wrote:
> I'm currently working on a test case on which a client has incoming
> and outgoing connections. In other words the client is a client
> (connect to other clients) and a server (other clients can connect).
>
> A thing i run into is the whole NAT/firewall problem. upnp seem to
> be a good solution on first view but many customer routers don't
> support it or don't support it correctly. Another solution i found
> is to do something like jxta does with a relay server. One solution
> i'm currently looking into is something called "punch-through".
>
> Does mina support a method for NAT traversal?

MINA doesn't have any explicit support for NAT traversal. You should
be able to code up support though. If you make something re-usable
and want to share it back with the community, that would rock!
-pete