Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 23:32:11 UTC

Re: Fop.next release?

Hi all,

At the moment I am very busy working on something really important for a
client, but I plan in the next few weeks to try and automate the release
process a bit more.  Thanks for the pointers Vincent.  I can't make any
promises though, it all depends on how much time I find.... :)

All the best,

Adrian.

2009/9/23 Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>

> Hi Peter,
>
> Peter Coppens wrote:
> > So what can the "community" do to make this happen?
>
> Not much I’m afraid. This is a task that requires write access to the
> repository. It’s just time-consuming (and tedious).
>
> Actually, the most time-consuming part is updating the website and all
> the links. See the checklist here:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/release.html
>
> If most of the points listed there could be automatized, that would be
> /extremely/ helpful. Maybe something can be done with Ant’s variable
> substitution mechanism ([1], among others). If anyone wants to give it
> a go...
>
> [1] http://www.javalobby.org/articles/ant-preprocessor/
>
> Thanks for asking,
> Vincent
>

> > Thanks
> >
> > Peter
> >

> >> From: <sp...@leverkruid.eu>
> >> Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:41:18 +0200
> >> To: <fo...@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
> >> Subject: Re: Fop.next release?

> year

> some

> not

> >> We should make a release. We will make a release if someone has enough
> >> time to act as the release manager. I would very much like this to be
> >> the case, but it is difficult.
> >>
> >> Regards, Simon

Adrian.