Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Georgi Ivanov <iv...@vesseltracker.com> on 2015/02/16 09:52:37 UTC

free some space on data volume

Hi,

I need to free some space on one of the data directories on one server.
I have 2 data volumes : /data/1 and /data/2

One of the hard drives was broken, and after we replaced it, i ran a
rebalance.
The problem is i forgot to change the policy to FreeSpace (insted of
default round-robin).

So now i have only 60MB free on /data/1 , and this is where checkpoints
are stored.

So i need an advice how can i free some space only on this volume.

Can i just delete something from
/data/1/dfs/dn/current/BP-1312742174-xxxxx-1359718879114/current/finalized/subdirxxx

Thanks in advance
Georgi

Re: free some space on data volume

Posted by Ulul <ha...@ulul.org>.
Hi

Check out the two last comments for HDFS-1312 :

If you can't afford to wipe out DN data and rebalance, you can try out
the proposed script (after non-prod testing obviously)

Ulul

Posted by Ulul <ha...@ulul.org>.
Hi

Posted by Ulul <ha...@ulul.org>.