Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2018/10/05 16:31:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] Archiving old releases

We host a lot of aries releases on the apache server.
https://www.apache.org/dist/aries/

According to the release policy we should remove old releases and also
releases of projects that are not actively maintained anymore.
https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#when-to-archive

In our case there are quite a lot of such not maintained projects.  Which
would you remove?
From my side I propose to remove the whole application, samples and web
artifacts.
WDYT?

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Archiving old releases

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 12:32 PM Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
wrote:

> We host a lot of aries releases on the apache server.
> https://www.apache.org/dist/aries/
>
> According to the release policy we should remove old releases and also
> releases of projects that are not actively maintained anymore.
> https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#when-to-archive
>
> In our case there are quite a lot of such not maintained projects.  Which
> would you remove?
> From my side I propose to remove the whole application, samples and web
> artifacts.

+1