Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott McCoy <ta...@cpan.org> on 2006/02/04 00:05:38 UTC

Service startup/initialization

Hello,

    I have run into a problem.  I need to add some initialization code to my
web service, since this is a simple daemon service I'm using
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer, rather than normal servlet
container.  The approach I attempted to use to solve this issue was adding
static { } blocks to my code, however, these don't get invoked until the
first service request is made, and my first service request wont be made
until I subscribe to the publisher that will be sending me service requests.

    So what's the best course of action here?

    Thanks,
    Scott S. McCoy