Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Konstantinos Chouchoulis <kc...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/09 01:00:32 UTC

Problem uninstalling openoffice 3.

Dear Mr or Ms,
 I have installed openoffice 4.1 but I can not uninstall the openoffice 3.
 I have tried from the control panel (windowsxp) it starts the procedure
but in the end the openoffice 3 is still there.
 I have tried the free Eusing registry cleaner but it didnot fix it either.
 I look forward to your reply.
With regards,
Kostas

Re: Problem uninstalling openoffice 3.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Konstantinos Chouchoulis wrote:
> Dear Mr or Ms,
>  I have installed openoffice 4.1 but I can not uninstall the openoffice 3.
>  I have tried from the control panel (windowsxp) it starts the procedure
> but in the end the openoffice 3 is still there.
>  I have tried the free Eusing registry cleaner but it didnot fix it either.
>  I look forward to your reply.
> With regards,
> Kostas

Did you make sure OpenOffice and it's Quick Starter were both closed?
They have to be to install OO.

Re: Problem uninstalling openoffice 3.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 9 May 2014 00:00:32 +0100
Konstantinos Chouchoulis <kc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Mr or Ms,
>  I have installed openoffice 4.1 but I can not uninstall the openoffice 3.
>  I have tried from the control panel (windowsxp) it starts the procedure
> but in the end the openoffice 3 is still there.
>  I have tried the free Eusing registry cleaner but it didnot fix it either.
>  I look forward to your reply.
> With regards,
> Kostas

Try Revo Uninstaller at its most aggressive.  You may need to reinstall OO4 afterwards.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>