Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/12/30 20:25:12 UTC

[Vote] Ralph Goers as new portals committer

I propose Ralph Goers as a new committer for the portals project. Ralph
is an active committer on the Apache Cocoon porject and especially on
the Cocoon portal. He has provided several improvements to the Cocoon
portal and the pluto integration and is interested in helping with the
Pluto project and other projects at portals, like a possible commons
project as well.

So, please cast your votes

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [Vote] Ralph Goers as new portals committer

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> I propose Ralph Goers as a new committer for the portals project. Ralph
> is an active committer on the Apache Cocoon porject and especially on
> the Cocoon portal. He has provided several improvements to the Cocoon
> portal and the pluto integration and is interested in helping with the
> Pluto project and other projects at portals, like a possible commons
> project as well.
>
> So, please cast your votes

+1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I propose Ralph Goers as a new committer for the portals project. Ralph
> is an active committer on the Apache Cocoon porject and especially on
> the Cocoon portal. He has provided several improvements to the Cocoon
> portal and the pluto integration and is interested in helping with the
> Pluto project and other projects at portals, like a possible commons
> project as well.
>
> So, please cast your votes
>
> Carsten
+1

Ate

Re: [Vote] Ralph Goers as new portals committer

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <rr...@itgroundwork.com>.
+1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I propose Ralph Goers as a new committer for the portals project. Ralph
> is an active committer on the Apache Cocoon porject and especially on
> the Cocoon portal. He has provided several improvements to the Cocoon
> portal and the pluto integration and is interested in helping with the
> Pluto project and other projects at portals, like a possible commons
> project as well.
>
> So, please cast your votes
>
> Carsten

+1

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: [Vote] Ralph Goers as new portals committer

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
If it is not too late :-).... +1

Randy

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thank you very much!

I still haven't received a confirmation email for the PMC mailing list.
Is he the moderator of that as well?

Ralph

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Welcome Ralph,

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Is he on sabbatical?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thanks Carsten and everybody.  Yes, I would like to join the portals PMC.
What is the name of the mailing list?

For those of you who don't know me, I am currently a Sr. Software Engineer
at Digital Insight in Calabasas, CA where I have been for the last 4
years.  Digital Insight is an ASP that provides internet home banking
services for about 1700 credit unions and smaller banks.  We are currently
using the Cocoon portal as our platform to create websites for some of our
clients.

I received a Bachelor of Science in Physics and in Computer Science in the
early 1980s and then got an MBA a few years later.  While I was getting my
undergraduate degree I worked in a computer service bureau bursting and
decollating forms (this was a long time ago!), moved on to computer
operator and then became a CICS systems programmer when I got my degree.
After a couple of years I got a job with Candle Corp. here in L.A where I
spent 17 years working on Candle's performance monitoring products.
Candle fell on some tough times and I was laid off in 2001, which is how I
ended up at Digital Insight.

I'm looking forward to working with everyone here and being of service in
any way I can.

Thanks,
Ralph

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.