Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/03/04 01:09:22 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.x added as svn:externals to Lenya 1.4

Hi

I have added Cocoon 2.1.x to Lenya 1.4 as svn:externals, which means one
does not need to download Cocoon 2.1.x separately anymore, but rather the
source instructions now should read:

- Install JDK 1.4.2 (or >=2)
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk (resp. svn up)
- ./configure.sh (Windows will be supported soon as well)
- ./build.sh (Windows: build)
- ./lenya.sh (Windows: lenya)

Hope that does simplify the source install process.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Cocoon 2.1.x added as svn:externals to Lenya 1.4

Posted by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com>.
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:37:24 +0100
Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
> > Oliver Schalch wrote:

> >> I'm wondering how I bring with svn:external the Cocoon smooth into
> >> my eclipse as a project.
> >> Since I can build cocoon with eclipse-project, but its not that
> >> easy to add it as a project.
> >>
> >> Maybe I have to symlink down to my workspace the cocoon project
> >> from externals/cocoon?
> >>

> > why do you want to have the externals/cocoon as a project within
> > Eclipse? I think this is now part of Lenya as a project.
>
> No, you have to add it as a separate project. Otherwise, Cocoon's
> eclipse-project target will not work.
>

> > Of course you can still have an outsourced Cocoon somehwere else
> > within your filesystem and link to it through
> > (local.)build.properties.
>
> Or you can install Cocoon in another location for the Eclipse project,
> and use Lenya's Cocoon for Lenya. This should work unless you want to
> change something in Cocoon using Eclipse.

I've solved it with a symlink (dont want 2x cocoon, or ignore the svn
external from lenya):
cocoon_2_1_X -> lenya_1_4_x/externals/cocoon_2_1_x
that works but just loose the svn functionality in eclipse for the
cocoon project, but I dont commit for cocoon anyway ;)

sad that eclipse cant handle a project in a project.

Oli

--
Oliver Schalch                           oliver.schalch@wyona.com

Re: Cocoon 2.1.x added as svn:externals to Lenya 1.4

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Oliver Schalch wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 01:09:22 +0100
>> Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have added Cocoon 2.1.x to Lenya 1.4 as svn:externals, which means
>>> one does not need to download Cocoon 2.1.x separately anymore, but
>>> rather the source instructions now should read:
>>>
>>> - Install JDK 1.4.2 (or >=2)
>>> - svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk (resp. svn up)
>>> - ./configure.sh (Windows will be supported soon as well)
>>> - ./build.sh (Windows: build)
>>> - ./lenya.sh (Windows: lenya)
>>>
>>> Hope that does simplify the source install process.
>>>

>> I'm wondering how I bring with svn:external the Cocoon smooth into my
>> eclipse as a project.
>> Since I can build cocoon with eclipse-project, but its not that easy to
>> add it as a project.
>>
>> Maybe I have to symlink down to my workspace the cocoon project from
>> externals/cocoon?
>>

> why do you want to have the externals/cocoon as a project within Eclipse?
> I think this is now part of Lenya as a project.

No, you have to add it as a separate project. Otherwise, Cocoon's
eclipse-project target will not work.

> Of course you can still have an outsourced Cocoon somehwere else
> within your filesystem and link to it through (local.)build.properties.

Or you can install Cocoon in another location for the Eclipse project,
and use Lenya's Cocoon for Lenya. This should work unless you want to
change something in Cocoon using Eclipse.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: Cocoon 2.1.x added as svn:externals to Lenya 1.4

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>El sáb, 04-03-2006 a las 01:09 +0100, Michael Wechner escribió:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I have added Cocoon 2.1.x to Lenya 1.4 as svn:externals, which means one
>>does not need to download Cocoon 2.1.x separately anymore, but rather the
>>source instructions now should read:
>>
>>- Install JDK 1.4.2 (or >=2)
>>- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk (resp. svn up)
>>- ./configure.sh (Windows will be supported soon as well)
>>- ./build.sh (Windows: build)
>>- ./lenya.sh (Windows: lenya)
>>
>>Hope that does simplify the source install process.
>>

>Thanks a lot.
>
>Can you update the documentation?
>http://lenya.apache.org/1_4/installation/index.html

yes, will do, but everyone's welcome to do as well ;-)

I think we should structure it as following:

1) Installing Lenya 1.4 for the very first time

- Install JDK
- svn co ...
- configure
- build
- lenya

2) Keeping Lenya 1.4 uptodate

- svn up ...
- build clean
- build
- lenya

WDYT?

Michi

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El sáb, 04-03-2006 a las 01:09 +0100, Michael Wechner escribió:
> Hi
>
> I have added Cocoon 2.1.x to Lenya 1.4 as svn:externals, which means one
> does not need to download Cocoon 2.1.x separately anymore, but rather the
> source instructions now should read:
>
> - Install JDK 1.4.2 (or >=2)
> - svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk (resp. svn up)
> - ./configure.sh (Windows will be supported soon as well)
> - ./build.sh (Windows: build)
> - ./lenya.sh (Windows: lenya)
>
> Hope that does simplify the source install process.

Thanks a lot.

Can you update the documentation?
http://lenya.apache.org/1_4/installation/index.html

TIA

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Cocoon 2.1.x added as svn:externals to Lenya 1.4

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have added Cocoon 2.1.x to Lenya 1.4 as svn:externals
>

> Thanks a lot!
>
> BTW - why did you choose the directory name "cocoon_2_1_x" and not just
> "cocoon"?

I think this way it's very obvious what Lenya is based on

Michi

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.