Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "karthik.subramanian2" <ka...@target.com> on 2014/10/15 09:16:59 UTC

Camel file component picks up the file before permissions are set up

I have a camel file component which looks at a unix directory where files are
copied every 10 mins through an MFT process.
The MFT transfers around 80 files every 10 mins and then again modifies the
permissions on them.
But before the permissions are modified, the camel file component picks it
up for processing which results in Operation Not permitted error.
Is there an option in camel file component to check for permissions ?

Re: Camel file component picks up the file before permissions are set up

Posted by Andrew Block <an...@gmail.com>.
Karthik,

You can implement your own GenericFileProcessStrategy using the
processStrategy option of the file component. The abstract class
GenericFileProcessStrategySupport provides a good base for you to work off
of. Override the begin method to perform any necessary validation.
Returning false from this method will prevent Camel from processing the
message.

- Andy

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM, karthik.subramanian2 <
karthik.subramanian2@target.com> wrote:

> I have a camel file component which looks at a unix directory where files
> are
> copied every 10 mins through an MFT process.
> The MFT transfers around 80 files every 10 mins and then again modifies the
> permissions on them.
> But before the permissions are modified, the camel file component picks it
> up for processing which results in Operation Not permitted error.
> Is there an option in camel file component to check for permissions ?

Andrew Block
m. 716-870-2408