Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Shawn Bedard <pu...@jigtechnologies.com> on 2004/11/22 18:10:00 UTC

auto-learn is working incorrectly - spam is being unlearned

I am using SA 3.0.1.   All seems ok, but auto-learn is unlearning emails that
are marked as spam in the Baysian filter.

Running the following registers the email in the Baysian filter ok:
spamassassin -D -r sample-spam.txt

But when I scan the message:
spamassassin -D -t < sample-spam.txt > spam.out
I get the following output:
<snip>
debug: auto-learn: currently using scoreset 1.
debug: auto-learn: message score: -2.82, computed score for autolearn: -2.82
debug: auto-learn? ham=0.1, spam=12, body-points=0, head-points=-2.82, learned-
points=0
debug: auto-learn? yes, ham (-2.82 < 0.1)
<snip>
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
debug: 703e01139e5531081dce6a089291d1bef46b7a1f@sa_generated: already learnt as
opposite, forgetting first
debug: refresh: 25784 refresh /home/sabedard/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

But I want to keep this message learned as spam.   It seemed to me disabling
auto-learn in the $HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs file might fix this, but this
setting seems to be ignored as the following still appears in the debug output:
debug: auto-learn? yes, ham (-2.82 < 0.1)

But the config file has the following:
auto_learn              0

Any ideas on this?  Is this a bug or my bad?

Re: auto-learn is working incorrectly - spam is being unlearned

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 12:10 PM 11/22/2004, Shawn Bedard wrote:
>But the config file has the following:
>auto_learn              0
>
>Any ideas on this?  Is this a bug or my bad?

Try bayes_auto_learn.

Also, be SURE to run spamassassin --lint after every configfile change.
This is SA's only way of telling you it doesn't know what a mistyped option is.