Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nitin mundada <ni...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2000/12/12 07:19:51 UTC

Error in JSP and bean

hi
I am getting following error. can any one pls. explain me what is it.
I am calling a jsp file which is in .../ROOT/esoft. this jsp file calls
a bean which is in .../ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/esoft. it gives follwoing
error. when i call this jsp file from .../ROOT, then bean gets called
from .../ROOT/WEB-INF/classes, and it works fine

thank u

Regards Nitin

Error: 500
Location: /esoft/alter.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPerror: File
/home/sites/site215/web/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/esoft/esoftjdbc.class
does not contain type esoft.esoftjdbc as expected, but type esoftjdbc.
Please remove the file, or make sure it appears in the correct
subdirectory of the class path.
/home/sites/site215/web/tomcat/work/localhost_8080/_0002fesoft_0002falter_0002ejspalter_jsp_1.java:60:
Class esoft.esoftjdbc not found.
                esoftjdbc esoft = null;