Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinath K <sr...@aztecsoft.com> on 2006/08/14 14:02:46 UTC

Confusion b/w wsdl and wsdd

Need some info abt mapping wsdl file against complex java types
Please let know if iam missing anything here

I exposed one of my existing ejb as a web service (by changing the
ejb-jar.xml) and generated wsdl using Axis tool java2Wsdl and deployed
the service on jboss.

Now I have a requirement of taking one of a java object (plain java bean
implementing serializable) as a method parameter.
I was getting error saying that "could not find deserializer"

I found from the docs that I need to add something like this
"<beanMapping qname="ns1:UserContext"
xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
languageSpecificType="java:com.adventnet.agent.security.UserContext"/>"

But where do I add this?? In the wsdl file??

Even I add this to wsdl it seems to be NOT working.

I read that it needs to be added to wsdd but Iam not using any wsdd
file, iam simplying copying my webservice.jar to the
{JBOSS_HOME}\server\default\deploy folder

Please let know if iam missing anything

Thanks,
Srinath

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com

RE: Confusion b/w wsdl and wsdd

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
This Information Courtesy of
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=109902320603592&w=2

You can resolve by specifically configuring and identifying the operation
name as in this example
in the wsdd used for deploy

<xmlns:operNS="urn:NameOfService">
<operation name="NameOfMethod" qname="operNS:NameOfMethod" \
xmlns:operNS="urn:NameOfService" returnQName="NameOfMethodReturn" \
                returnType="rtns:EmployeeDTO"
xmlns:rtns="http://ejb.wsif.company.com" >
        <parameter name="in0" type="tns:string" \
xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/>  </operation>

Martin--