Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com> on 2003/01/04 01:41:15 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.18 changes https into httpss

Hello there... I have a web app that works perfect under tomcat 4.1.12.

I'm using apache + mod_jk.

It works partially ok with 4.1.18, everything under http works fine, but if i
call something using https, i get the following error:

An error occured while loading
https://my.server.com/myapp/secure/activation.jsp:

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'httpss'.

So for some reason, even tho i'm requesting https, something appends an extra
s making an httpss request?

Again, this app works fine in 4.1.12.

Does 4.1.18 requires special configuration for apache or mod_jk or server.xml?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? Was: Tomcat 4.1.18 changes https into httpss

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com>.
Anyone using tomcat 4.1.18 with apache-ssl?

Re: NOONE? Was: Tomcat 4.1.18 changes https into httpss

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com>.
Did you find a similar problem then using apache and apache-ssl with tomcat
4.1.18?  What makes me wonder if this is a bug or something is that the same
app, with the same settings for mod_jk, works perfectly with TC 4.1.12 and
before. I was hopping someone here on the list would tell me if this is
normal or i'm messing up in the configuration.

If i can't get any other clues on how to make apache-ssl + tc 4.1.18 i may
give your hack a go, and will glady accept your offer to help... Thank you
very much for your response.

Posted by David Orriss Jr <da...@davenet.net>.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com>.