Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by piyush <co...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/23 12:34:46 UTC

CTE and Recursive CTE support in SQL

When Common Table Expression (CTE) and Recursive CTE are planned to be part
of supported SQL syntax ?

It would be super productive to have Support for CTE as we can do Graph like
Traversals and many complex queries.

Re: CTE and Recursive CTE support in SQL

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Try it and see. With regards of Recursive CTE, I think the development
priority is MVCC for now.

As for H2 features, there might be further limitations on them in Apache
Ignite.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by piyush <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by piyush <co...@gmail.com>.
When is Recursive CTE planned ?

Recursive CTE is super powerful.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/queries-with.html

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/queries/with-common-table-expression-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017

Re: CTE and Recursive CTE support in SQL

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Apache Ignite already has CTE support (but not Recursive CTE).

I think that we have inherited it from H2.

Ilya Kasnacheev