Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "me@bauchladen.at" <me...@bauchladen.at> on 2004/08/09 13:53:52 UTC

Message clean as a whistle, still 30.6 hits.

Hello List,

I had several false positives like this one coming from a list and i
don't have a clue. Can somebody, please, help me interpret this
headers? I don't understand where the 30.6 hits come from and why
autolearn=ham if Spamflag is YES.

1% *      [score: 0.0000] *   36 AWL AWL: Auto-whitelist adjustment

thanks,
michael einem

Re: Message clean as a whistle, still 30.6 hits.

Posted by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@hepcoe.com>.
AWL does auto-blacklisting as well as whitelisting and it looks like it
is blacklisting the sender of this email to the tune of 35.5 (rounded up
to 36 for the report) points.   The BAYES_00 then brings the total down
to 30.6.    You may want to turn AWL off for a while until you figure
out the problem.

Posted by Bob George <ma...@ttlexceeded.com>.
me@bauchladen.at wrote:

>  I had several false positives like this one coming from a list and i
>  don't have a clue. Can somebody, please, help me interpret this
>  headers? I don't understand where the 30.6 hits come from and why
>  autolearn=ham if Spamflag is YES.

Spend some time using check_whitelist (i.e. check_whitelist
~/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist) to see what's in your auto-generated
list. This sounds very much like a problem I had last year where I
carelessly managed to have a list mail learned as spam, only to poison
the entire list. This can also work the other way, allowing spam through
on a list that tends to be spammed. Perhaps somebody sent test spams to
an otherwise legit list?

The trick was to do spamassassin
--remove-addr-from-whitelist=<na...@domain> to remove the bogus entries.
Auto-whitelist can be problematic when use in conjunction with
whitelist_from and blacklist_from in your .cf files. Be particularly
careful with mailing lists.

- Bob