Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/04 08:52:31 UTC

REPOST [attributes 2.2] Missing optional package Extension

Hello,

I'm using commons-attributes with Spring on a Java 1.4 application.
I've included commons-attributes-api 2.2 (from maven repo)

I get this Tomcat exception on startup :
LifecycleException:  Missing optional package Extension[ant,
implementationURL= http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-1.5.jar,
implementationVersion=1.5]

The commons-attributes MANIFEST contains those lines :
Extension-List: ant qdox
ant-Extension-Name: ant
ant-Implementation-Version: 1.5
ant-Implementation-URL: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-1.5.jar
qdox-Extension-Name: qdox
qdox-Implementation-Version: 1.5
qdox-Implementation-URL: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/qdox/jars/qdox-1.5.jar

I don't know what this "Extension-List" is and why is it required by
commons-attributes. AFAIK, the API doesn't require those libs anyway (only
the compiler do).

Is this a bug, and what would be a workaround ?
AFAIK there is no development anymore on commons-attributes, so I can't ask
for a 2.2.1 to correct this. How to handle this "Extension-List" ?

I've added ant and qodx in my WEB-INF/lib with no result.

Nico.

Re: REPOST [attributes 2.2] Missing optional package Extension

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
Any chance to see a vote for 2.2.1 release to solve this ?

Nico.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.