Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/01 21:01:19 UTC

RE: my two cents on RBAC/authorization

Darren,

Thanks for the feedback and agreed that to make the RBAC solution pluggable, we would need to model it using standard authorization entities. As Min mentioned, this branch is to experiment how closely we can add a true RBAC model to current CloudStack code having account-domain hierarchy and static roles and gauge the effort.

>From IAM docs and your explanation, Policy is a set of permissions and if it is not passed on then we assume one internally to process the authorization - hopefully we can add that layer later as well, on top of the first phase we are prototyping that focusses on defining Permissions for CloudStack and stores them directly to Db to facilitate read operations.

-Prachi