Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/26 20:41:30 UTC

Re:

See https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HCFS/

YES Yarn is written to the FileSystem interface.  It works on S3FileSystem
and GlusterFileSystem and any other HCFS.

We have run , and continue to run, the many tests in apache bigtop's test
suite against our hadoop clusters running on alternative file system
implementations,
and it works.

When you say "HDFS does not support fs.AbstractFileSystem.s3.impl".... That
is true.  If your file system is configured using HDFS, then s3 urls will
not be used, ever.

When you create a FileSystem object in hadoop, it reads the uri (i.e.
"glusterfs:///") and then finds the file system binding in your
core-site.xml (i.e. fs.AbstractFileSystem.glusterfs.impl).

So the URI must have a corresponding entry in the core-site.xml.

As a reference implementation, you can see
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-hadoop/blob/master/conf/core-site.xml

--
jay vyas