Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by boday <bo...@vektrel.com> on 2009/06/26 19:40:20 UTC

Camel 2.0 with Servicemix 3.3?

Can I use Camel 2 with ServiceMix 3.3?  If so, how exactly?

I have a servicemix-camel service unit that was generated by Maven to use
Camel 1.4.0.  I changed the camel-version property to be 2.0-M1 and have
added the following dependencies.

	<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
  		<artifactId>camel-core</artifactId>
  		<version>2.0-M1</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
  		<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
  		<artifactId>camel-jms</artifactId>
  		<version>2.0-M1</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
  		<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
  		<artifactId>camel-spring</artifactId>
  		<version>2.0-M1</version>
	</dependency>
    <dependency>
    	<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
  		<artifactId>camel-activemq</artifactId>
  		<version>1.1.0</version>
	</dependency>

The problem is that when servicemix starts this component, I get the
following error...

ERROR - CamelJbiComponent              -
with name 'camelContext:beanPostProcessor': Cannot r
esolve reference to bean 'camelContext' while setting bean property
'camelContext'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error cre
ating bean with name 'camelContext': Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
test.MyRouteBuilder.from(Ljava/lang/String
;)Lorg/apache/camel/model/RouteDefinition;

Do I need to change my camel-context.xml file to get it to work with Camel 2
or something...here it is.

       xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
       xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

  <camelContext id="camelContext" useJmx="true"
    <package>test</package>
  </camelContext>

</beans>

I have a simple MyRouteBuilder.java file setup in the test package...but
clearly something isn't working right.

At this point I'm assuming that I can't use Camel 2 with SMX 3.3.  If anyone
know otherwise, please let me know...thanks

-----
Ben O'Day
Vektrel - Senior Consultant

Re: Camel 2.0 with Servicemix 3.3?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Willem's patches for upgrading servicemix-camel have been applied and
a new SNAPSHOT has been uploaded to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-camel/2009.02-SNAPSHOT/.
 If you pick the latest snapshot for the installer from that location
and use it to replace your exisiting servicemix-camel component inside
the hotdeploy folder, you should be good to go with Camel 2.0 in
ServiceMix.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ben,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ben,

currently, Camel 2.x is not supported by the servicemix-camel component.

ServiceMix 3.3 uses servicemix-camel component 2008.01 and ServiceMix
3.3.1/4.0 uses servicemix-camel component 2009.01.
The 2008.01 component is based on Camel 1.4.0 and 2009.01 component is
based on Camel 1.6.0.

If you want to use servicemix-camel component, you shouldn't override
the camel defined by the component itself.
Basicly, your pom.xml can only contain:

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.servicemix</groupId>
   <artifactId>servicemix-camel</artifactId>
   <version>2009.01</version>
</dependency>

For now, servicemix-camel 2009.02-SNAPSHOT is based on Camel 1.6.0. You
can open an jira task to upgrade to Camel 2.0 (there is some work to do
to support this version).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader

Re: Camel 2.0 with Servicemix 3.3?

Posted by Benoît Clouet <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Afaik, servicemix 3.3.1 works with the 2009.01 components and Camel SE
2009.01 for servicemix is tied to camel 1.6. Obvioulsy it seems that
Camel 2.0 is not compatible with Camel 1.6 as states the NoSuchMethod
error.

Benoît