Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net> on 2004/01/25 19:20:56 UTC

protected sites and non-protected subsites

Hi at all,

Only a short question. I've protected one site, because there is no relevant
content, but all subsites should accessable by the 'whole world' . How could
it work?

greetz
Manuel

Re: protected sites and non-protected subsites

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:

[...]

> But I want to unblock those subsites for all i.e. accessable all over the
> world. I've seen in the documentation something like that: <world><role
> id="..."/></world>, but it doesn't work. How can I implement this?

Strange, this should work ...
To see what happens, you can set the log category "lenya" to
DEBUG and analyze the lenya.log file.

>>http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/accesscontrol/policymanagers
>>.html
>>
>>Feel free to post your comments on the documentation, it might
>>be a little hard to understand and maybe not comprehensive
>>enough.
>
> After read the docu several times, I've understood almost everything. But it
> seems not to be up to date.

Actually, it should be quite up to date, but I'm not sure.
Can you tell me what seems to be outdated? Maybe this helps
to locate the problem.

-- Andreas

Re: protected sites and non-protected subsites

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.
Am Montag, 26. Januar 2004 10:26 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
> Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:
> > Hi at all,
> >
> > Only a short question. I've protected one site, because there is no
> > relevant content, but all subsites should accessable by the 'whole world'
> > . How could it work?
>
> With "subsites", do you mean partial URL spaces? E.g.
>
> /mypub           main site
> /mypub/foo       subsite
> /mypub/bar       subsite
>
> In this case, you can add arbitrary permissions for each
> subsite. You'll find the necessary information here:

OK, it seems to work. To stay on the above example I've protected the URL '/
mypub' with one user named "forbidden" and the subsites 'foo' and 'bar' by an
additionally group "free-acces".

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:

> Hi at all,
>
> Only a short question. I've protected one site, because there is no relevant
> content, but all subsites should accessable by the 'whole world' . How could
> it work?

With "subsites", do you mean partial URL spaces? E.g.

/mypub           main site
/mypub/foo       subsite
/mypub/bar       subsite

In this case, you can add arbitrary permissions for each
subsite. You'll find the necessary information here:

http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/accesscontrol/policymanagers.html

Feel free to post your comments on the documentation, it might
be a little hard to understand and maybe not comprehensive
enough.

HTH,
-- Andreas