Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Eagar <Al...@fastsearch.com> on 2006/02/23 03:14:56 UTC

Ant Script Path & Repository Variable

Where should Ant scripts ideally be placed within a Maven 2.x project? I have placed them in <project>/src/main/resources/ant. Is there anywhere more maven-conventional?

How should I reference the local repository from an Ant script in my project? There are custom Ant tags within a jar that has been downloaded to my local repository. Ant needs to be able to get at these jars from my project. Do you have any suggestion of how I would do this?

If there is documentation that answers my questions, feel free to point me in that direction. I have read a fair amount of the documentation on the Maven web site.

Thanks,
Alex Eagar

Re: Ant Script Path & Repository Variable

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@gmail.com>.
2006/2/23, Alex Eagar <Al...@fastsearch.com>:

> Where should Ant scripts ideally be placed within a Maven 2.x project? I
> have placed them in <project>/src/main/resources/ant. Is there anywhere more
> maven-conventional?

None that I know of :)

How should I reference the local repository from an Ant script in my
> project? There are custom Ant tags within a jar that has been downloaded to
> my local repository. Ant needs to be able to get at these jars from my
> project. Do you have any suggestion of how I would do this?

To have your custom Ant tags available from your antrun tasks, you can add
them as plugin dependencies :
~       <plugin>
~         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
~         <dependencies>
~           <dependency>
~             <groupId>ant</groupId>
~             <artifactId>ant-nodeps</artifactId>
~             <version>1.6.5</version>
~           </dependency>
~         </dependencies>
~       </plugin>

If there is documentation that answers my questions, feel free to point me
> in that direction. I have read a fair amount of the documentation on the
> Maven web site.

Maybe you've already checked the antrun plugin doc, but if not, here is it :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/

Thanks,
> Alex Eagar

- Yann