Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/26 14:55:21 UTC

Re: querying English conjugation of verbs and comparative and superlative of adjectives

If thou wast to investigate the stemmers would that work? I
confess that I've never examined the output in detail, but
they might help.

I don't know of any synonym lists offhand, but then again I haven't
looked.

Best
Erick@MiminallyHelpful.com

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I don't expect this to work at all. Stemmers apply heuristics to try to
fold words into their stem. They are notoriously incapable of handling
irregular forms of a word. You'd need to look more at a synonym
list for words like your example.

Best
Erick

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.