Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Fountain <tf...@benefitconcepts.com> on 2007/08/15 19:39:46 UTC

IIS redirect to Apache

Hi,

Scenario: we purchased a product written in Java to integrate into our
reporting tool.  Our setup is such that our web application is written
in .NET and hosted on a web farm using IIS (5 or 6 depending on the
environment).  The product we purchased runs under Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
using 1.5.0_12-b04.  The product is integrated into our web portal using
frames and sending URL requests to Apache.  We are running into issues
with javascript code from the product generating errors for what I
suspect may be related to crossing domains (our web site and the Apache
server).  I figure I can resolve this by generating a proxy on the IIS
server to handle the request to the Apache server.

My question is does anyone have any pointers on how to setup this type
of proxy?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: IIS redirect to Apache

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Tony Fountain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Scenario: we purchased a product written in Java to integrate into our
> reporting tool.  Our setup is such that our web application is written
> in .NET and hosted on a web farm using IIS (5 or 6 depending on the
> environment).  The product we purchased runs under Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
> using 1.5.0_12-b04.  The product is integrated into our web portal using
> frames and sending URL requests to Apache.  We are running into issues
> with javascript code from the product generating errors for what I
> suspect may be related to crossing domains (our web site and the Apache
> server).  I figure I can resolve this by generating a proxy on the IIS
> server to handle the request to the Apache server.

Can you describe the error in some more detail, and why you think a
proxy server will resolve the problem?

> My question is does anyone have any pointers on how to setup this type
> of proxy?

Wrong forum to be asking about IIS config, I suspect, but you might luck
  out.

RE: IIS redirect to Apache

Posted by Tony Fountain <tf...@benefitconcepts.com>.
Rainer,

Thanks for the information.  I'll read up on the IIS ISAPI plugin and if
I have any more questions, I'll post them.

Thanks,
Tony Fountain
Benefit Concepts, Inc.
(419) 244-9936 x9010 (office)