Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yatong Zhang <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 11:02:31 UTC

Can Cassandra work efficiently with multiple data directories on multiple disks?

Hi there,

I have the following configuration:

data_file_directories:
>     - /data1/cass
>     - /data2/cass
>     - /data3/cass
>     - /data4/cass
>     - /data5/cass
>     - /data6/cass

and each directory resides on a separate stand-alone harddisk. My questions
are:

1. Will Cassandra split data evenly on multiple disks?
2. How will Cassandra work if one of the disk is full?
3. What's the best configuration strategy if you have multiple disk per
node?

Thanks

Re: Can Cassandra work efficiently with multiple data directories on multiple disks?

Posted by Yatong Zhang <bl...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Arindam, that helps

Posted by Arindam Barua <ab...@247-inc.com>.