Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ash G <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 01:36:28 UTC

Why is Scala 2.9.2 version of kafka recommended?

On Kafka download page we saw - "We build for multiple versions of Scala.
This only matters if you are using Scala and you want a version built for
the same Scala version you use. Otherwise any version should work (2.9.2 is
recommended)."

Why is Scala 2.9.2 version of kafka recommended?

Re: Why is Scala 2.9.2 version of kafka recommended?

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
That is for the broker. It is what was most used in production (by
LinkedIn) prior to the official release. The client is binary and language
independent.  You can run 2.10 (for the broker) too, no probs.

Joe Stein
Founder, Principal Consultant
Big Data Open Source Security LLC
http://www.stealth.ly