Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> on 2004/06/10 15:30:49 UTC

Common VFS

Hi all,

I wonder if it's possible to slightly modify the PortletApplicationWar file
to include configuration for the Commons VFS sub-system ?

I'm having some problems in Jahia with the default configuration (which is
in the commons-vfs-SNAPSHOT.jar file as providers.xml) and would like to
setup another one.

If I understand the setup procedure correctly, it means changing the
following :

         fsManager = VFS.getManager();

with

          fsManager = new StandardFileSystemManager();
          fsManager.setConfiguration(String configUri);

The problem is that we should probably get the configUri from the
jetspeed.properties file and I'm not too sure how to pass that to the
PortletApplicationWar class.

Does this change seem reasonable or do we want to enforce default
configuration ?

Regards,
   Serge Huber.

- -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Here is the modified PortletApplicationWar class. But I'm not sure where we
should retrieve the config from. It's like exposing some inner working,
which doesn't seem very clean. In this version I just added a param to the
constructor, but I haven't modified the FileSystemPAM because I'm not sure
where I should retrieve the setting from.

Should I do something like

Jetspeed.getContext().getConfigurationProperty(VFS_CONFIG_KEY_NAME) ?

and should I do that in FileSystemPAM, or should this class have a setter
for the config ?

cheers,
   Serge...

ps : I hope this attachement goes through...

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Serge,

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Hi Serge,

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Re: Common VFS

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
It makes handling war structures so much simpler.  Whether the structure
is directory or a war, it can can be handled via a FileObject were all
the operations are the same.

Without the use of VFS, handling file structures is a lot more
difficult.  Plus, I am using the VFSClassLoader handle loading Portlet
classes from registered (not deployed) portlet apps, like layouts.  I
don't have this change committed yet, but I will later to day.

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 10:58, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> May I ask ... why the dependency on VFS?
>
> On Jun 10, 2004, at 6:30 AM, Serge Huber wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wonder if it's possible to slightly modify the PortletApplicationWar
> > file to include configuration for the Commons VFS sub-system ?
> >
> > I'm having some problems in Jahia with the default configuration
> > (which is in the commons-vfs-SNAPSHOT.jar file as providers.xml) and
> > would like to setup another one.
> >
> > If I understand the setup procedure correctly, it means changing the
> > following :
> >
> >         fsManager = VFS.getManager();
> >
> > with
> >
> >          fsManager = new StandardFileSystemManager();
> >          fsManager.setConfiguration(String configUri);
> >
> > The problem is that we should probably get the configUri from the
> > jetspeed.properties file and I'm not too sure how to pass that to the
> > PortletApplicationWar class.
> >
> > Does this change seem reasonable or do we want to enforce default
> > configuration ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Serge Huber.
> >

> > - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
> > www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server

> David Sean Taylor
> Bluesunrise Software
> david@bluesunrise.com
> [office]   +01 707 773-4646
> [mobile] +01 707 529 9194

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *

Re: Common VFS

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.