Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Terry <tw...@softhome.net> on 2004/06/25 04:04:36 UTC

installing HTTPS SSL on tomcat 5.0.25

Hi, I'm installing SSL on Tomcat 5.0.25.  My system settings are
Linux Mandrake 10
java version "1.4.2_04"
Tomcat 5.0.25

In a nutshell I believe I am looking for where I need to copy my
.keystore file or make some configuration in tomcat.

I followed the how-to at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html but I
think I missed a step.

So far, I uncommented my SSL connector in my server.xml file
   <Connector port="8443"
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

And, I created a keystore named .keystore and placed it into the root
directory of jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25, set with a password of 'changeit'

with the following command
'keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -keystore .keystore'

whats next?
thanks,
-Terry

Re: installing HTTPS SSL on tomcat 5.0.25

Posted by Terry <tw...@softhome.net>.
many thanks,
that was it, in order to enable SSL one needs to add a 'keystoreFile'
property to the SSL connector.  Here's what mine looks like now.

I copied my .keystore to the root directory of Tomcat.

    <Connector port="8443"
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
		keystoreFile=".keystore"
	/>

thanks again,