Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org> on 2014/11/03 05:40:21 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to github PR only during moratorium on commit

that means, we postponed the git problems to 4.6. :(

It feels like as a community we are running away from making any changes to
the way we interact with git. We seem to discuss it a lot but, never act on
it.

What I don't understand is, are we saying the way we use git is right? or
are we just shying away from any change?

~Rajani

PS: We could still do a blank merge(-s ours) from 4.5 to master and
continue.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
I share your frustration Rajani, I made some steps which I feel are
turned back now. I am giving up and really not feeling this is worth
my effort anymore.

People don't take the effort to commit on a branch. gating commits is
and will not solve unwillingness. It will slow us down at committing
bugs and force us to make more elaborate bugs at best.

merge forward is easy to implement *if we want it*. wanting is is a
must have prequisite.

--
Daan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to github PR only during moratorium on commit

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
as Travis is happy and some of my tests went fine, I pushed the merge.

~Rajani

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.