Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "balu.es@gmail.com" <ba...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/04 12:53:16 UTC

AIX platform: Solr goes down with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with Open JDK 11

Hi,

I am running solr 7.5.0 with Open JDK11 in AIX platform. When i trigger data
import operation , solr is going down with below error on AIX platform but,
the same thing works in RHEL platform.

The same solr 7.5.0 data import operation is success with JDK8 in same AIX
platform.

*Error from solr.log  Solr 7.5.0 with Open JDK 11 on AIX platform:*

/*ERROR (coreContainerWorkExecutor-2-thread-1) [   ] o.a.s.c.CoreContainer
Error waiting for SolrCore to be loaded on startup
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create a thread: retVal -1073741830,
errno 11*/

I tried setting java memory as 8G *-Xms8g -Xmx8g* but, still i face the
issue in AIX platform.

Any facing similar issue?

Please help.

Thanks,
Bala

Re: AIX platform: Solr goes down with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with Open JDK 11

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Check your ulimit for max processes and max open file handles, those
typically are places where things go weird, and the error message
isn't always that helpful. Usually we want 65K of each...

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.