Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinay <vi...@mdp.net> on 2003/04/29 22:40:47 UTC

[OT]:PostGRESQL

Has anybody tried installing and using PostGRESQL,and like to know your experiences with it. Also would like to know the instructions installing under windows 2000, Linux and UNIX ptalforms

Thanks a lot
Vinay

Re: [OT]:PostGRESQL

Posted by Alexandre Jaquet <al...@freesurf.ch>.
Hi,

I use postgresql on windows xp with cygwin,
you must get the last version of cygwin and set
options to get tha database.

Then when you wanna run cygwin you will need to
run bash trougth cygwin then type :

-ipc-deamon&
-postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/&

you will find db installation include with readme file.

On *nix like you will need to install rpm or tarball and
done rpm -i or tar -xvvzf xxxx.rpm and then make, make install.

For *nix like you will need to read readme file to.

--
Alexandre Jaquet

Re: [OT]:PostGRESQL

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
There really is not that much difference.  PostGRESQL has more features.  I
like it a lot better and find it more intuitive than MySQL.

At 08:39 AM 4/30/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Ultimately the Database is going to be installed under Suse Linux and HP-UX
>platforms.I might have problems , I will come back to userlist for
>help.PostGRESQL looks lot different from MySQL, which I am very much used
>to.
>
>what are the differences in features and functionality of MySQL and
>PostGRESQL.
>
>I might have to deal with huge database with lots of rows.Keeping that in
>view what would be the best bet
>
>Thank you
>Vinay

LEGAL NOTICE

you

RE: [OT]:PostGRESQL

Posted by Jim Krygowski <ja...@shaws.com>.
Vinay-
Check these links out:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/18/1854213&mode=thread&t
id=185
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/16/2233232&mode=thread&tid=185

Re: [OT]:PostGRESQL

Re: [OT]:PostGRESQL

Re: [OT]:PostGRESQL

Posted by Alexandre Jaquet <al...@freesurf.ch>.
For sure this is not the *best mailing list* for that topic,
but Struts users mailing list is always quick for responding.

--
Alexandre Jaquet

RE: [OT]:PostGRESQL