Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kevin Kovach <kk...@kevinkovach.com> on 2002/02/10 12:20:01 UTC

Odd behavior

Hello.

I've installed the newest release of James and I'm getting some odd
behavior. I've tried reading mail using the latest version of Mozilla
(0.9.8) on both Windows and Linux and have had the same problem. The
mail client seems tolog in and start to download the mial/headers, then
says that it's not able to write to the local file system. I get a
dialog box asking to check either disk space or permission. I have both,
I assure you. Has anyone else experienced this? I started up James 1.2.1
and am able to recieve mail. This tells me I hav both space and
permission on the disk. Thanks

- Kevin

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com>.
I use POP3 and remove the email manually with telnet:

telnet mailhost 110
USER username
PASS password
LIST
RETR n
DELE n

'n' is the number given in the LIST command.

Bye,

Stephan

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Kevin Kovach <kk...@kevinkovach.com>.

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Jordi Pujol <jo...@aujac.org>.
Well, all the test i do it under JavaMail, with the suggestions that
everyone can find in
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail

If we do a telnet connection to SmtpServer you can do
the corresponent AUTH LOGIN and works.
But no under JavaMail.
And James accepts the AUTH LOGIN sended by other type of clients like
Outlook.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Odd behavior

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
... and the latest nightly build ...

RE: Problem setting up James

Posted by Edward Becker <el...@yahoo.com>.
?!?! That is strange indeed ;-)  Well, when I get home
and have time I'll see why I am having incompatibility
problems with putty, and then post to the list the
workaround. (Probably need to turn on/off DEC mode or
some such thing).

Edward

RE: Problem setting up James

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

RE: Problem setting up James

Posted by Edward Becker <el...@yahoo.com>.
I use putty as my client.

Re: IMAP

Posted by Darrell DeBoer <da...@apache.org>.
And if it's only me working on it, then it will be *quite* some time... (I'm
keeping busy with other things at the moment)

RE: IMAP

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

IMAP

RE: Problem setting up James

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

Problem setting up James

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com>.

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Kevin Kovach <kk...@kevinkovach.com>.

--
Kevin Kovach
830 Apple Creek Lane

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Kevin Kovach <kk...@kevinkovach.com>.

--
Kevin Kovach
830 Apple Creek Lane

Re: Odd behavior

Posted by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com>.

RE: Is there a way to use JAMES or Mailet to send a Fax

Posted by Keith Chew <ke...@jungledrum.co.nz>.
You can look at Hylafax as a fax server. Then, create a mailet to send the
message to the fax. I believe there are some hylafax client java code out
there.

Just some thoughts.
Keith

RE: Odd behavior