Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Guy Attrill <gu...@guya.org> on 2012/12/28 10:07:35 UTC

altDeploymentRepository question

Hello
I have a parent pom with a repository and a snapshot repository in them
I have now moved the repo to another server and do not wish to edit 300
project poms
I have set a profile property in the settings xml to
set altDeploymentRepository
This works fine for snapshots when I add the following to my settings xml

<id>test</id>
  <properties>
        <altDeploymentRepository>snapshot::default::
http://buildrepo/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/
</altDeploymentRepository>
  </properties>
  </profile>
  </profiles>
  <activeProfiles>
<activeProfile>test</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

How do I also change the location of my release repo?
Do I use a separate profile?
Can I add another altdeploymentrepository (if so how)

--
Guy Attrill

Re: altDeploymentRepository question

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Well, this is why you have the repos' url defined in a corp parent pom. If
you change the urls, you release a new version of the corp parent pom and
you need to update all projects. But you should probably set up a solution
that keeps the old ones working (like a proxying service) for some time
until all projects have update their parent dependency.

/Anders