Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de> on 2005/08/04 13:22:20 UTC

Changing rendering for Table column headers

Hi,
I want to replace the HTML for SimpleTableColumnComponent, so it can
support left/right alignment (I don't want that nested table stuff).
I seem to remember that there was a clever way to get a library pick up the
html file from my application, rather than getting it from the Contrib
library jar.
1. Is there an easy way to do this, and what is it?
2. Or should I copy the whole TableColumn component, and make changes
appropriately?
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist allein
für den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist
das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten,
eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns
eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use
of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding
without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Re: Changing rendering for Table column headers

Posted by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de>.
Konstantin,
I wish I had known this a year ago. You should see the huge amount of code
I just threw away (custom renderers and columns built by hand). Now I just
use CSS to align my headers the way I want. Lovely!
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

             Konstantin
             Ignatyev
             <kgignatyev@yahoo                                          To
             .com>                     Tapestry users
                                       <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>
             04/08/2005 16:45                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Changing rendering for Table
             "Tapestry users"          column headers
             <tapestry-user@ja
             karta.apache.org>

Drop the HTML under WEB-INF/classes in the exactly the
same location as it is now in jar and it should be
picked by classloader (WEB-INF/classes precedes any
jars in WEB-INF/lib).

--- Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to replace the HTML for
> SimpleTableColumnComponent, so it can
> support left/right alignment (I don't want that
> nested table stuff).
> I seem to remember that there was a clever way to
> get a library pick up the
> html file from my application, rather than getting
> it from the Contrib
> library jar.
> 1. Is there an easy way to do this, and what is it?
> 2. Or should I copy the whole TableColumn component,
> and make changes
> appropriately?
> Ciao,
> Jonathan O'Connor
> XCOM Dublin

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen
million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of
tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between
forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil,
add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population
by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs
a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State
University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.