Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Robert Buck <rb...@m-Qube.com> on 2007/01/26 15:01:06 UTC

how can the default resolve to ivyrep and maven be disabled?

Hi,

>From a product standpoint, IVY, without any user defined configuration
files, attempts to resolve files from IVYREP and IBIBLIO. It is all a
matter of perspective, but the default behavior is potentially very
dangerous, and may violate some corporate security policies.

Is there any way to permanently remove this capability from IVY so
nobody in our development organization can ever download an artifact
from the web UNLESS they have specifically set up their own
configuration files containing explicit references to those sites?

Thanks in advance,

-Bob

Re: how can the default resolve to ivyrep and maven be disabled?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Robert Buck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From a product standpoint, IVY, without any user defined configuration
> files, attempts to resolve files from IVYREP and IBIBLIO. It is all a
> matter of perspective, but the default behavior is potentially very
> dangerous, and may violate some corporate security policies.
>
> Is there any way to permanently remove this capability from IVY so
> nobody in our development organization can ever download an artifact
> from the web UNLESS they have specifically set up their own
> configuration files containing explicit references to those sites?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Bob

you could make them run ant with a broken proxy setting?