Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Kuketayev, Argyn (Contractor)" <ar...@fanniemae.com> on 2005/05/24 22:57:00 UTC

Backward compatibility of generated classes when new xmlbeans versions are released

Suppose, I'm building an application, which uses a certain XML schema.
let's call it S-v1.xsd. XMLBeans 2.0.0-beta1 would generate me Java
classes and other stuff to work with S-v1.xsd, and put it in the
J-v1.jar. My custom code uses this jar.

What happens to my custom code if I get the next version of XMLBeans,
say v.3.0, and generate new Java code for S-v1.xsd? Would the new
version of J-v1.jar work just fine with my old code?

Thanks,
Argyn