Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Pratt <fa...@eastlink.ca> on 2008/02/27 15:16:08 UTC

Index availability during merge

Hi. Merging indexes requires that the indexes be closed for the
operation occur. I am interested in setting up a cron to merge indexes
that are in use to generate a fresh consolidated index at specific time
intervals. I don't want the smaller indexes to be taken out of service
while this occurs. Can someone suggest a strategy that would not result
in the loss of availability during merges. Does snapshooter fit into
this scenario, can a safe copy be made while index is running, etc? Many
thanks.

Regards,
David