Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil Labonte <ph...@transcore.com> on 2005/10/21 14:20:21 UTC

is it possible to do an undelete?

<head>
</head>
Repos Browser a user deleted an entire directory, or in my case, a
project, is there a quick undelete I can do or will I have to restore
from the latest dump?<br>
I am using Subversion on a Linux box and the clients are using Tortoise
from Windows XP, some smart guy deleted an entire project just to see
if he could! But he thought he was using a test project and not the
real thing! he got confused about the URL he was using!<br>
And since users that can commit files must also have delete rights... <br>
Thanks.<br>

Re: is it possible to do an undelete?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 22, 2005, at 20:10, Hendrik Maryns wrote:

> Phil Labonte uitte de volgende tekst op 21/10/2005 16:20:
>
>> From the Repos Browser a user deleted an entire directory, or in
>> my case, a project, is there a quick undelete I can do or will I
>> have to restore from the latest dump?
>> I am using Subversion on a Linux box and the clients are using
>> Tortoise from Windows XP, some smart guy deleted an entire project
>> just to see if he could! But he thought he was using a test
>> project and not the real thing! he got confused about the URL he
>> was using!
>> And since users that can commit files must also have delete rights...
>>

> How about checking out the previous revision?  Do you know what
> verion control actually means?

That would let you look at the previous revision, but it wouldn't let
you ever change it again. To do that, you really do have to undo the
delete in the HEAD, with a merge or a copy, as other responders have
already explained.

Re: is it possible to do an undelete?

Posted by Hendrik Maryns <he...@despammed.com>.
Phil Labonte uitte de volgende tekst op 21/10/2005 16:20:
>  From the Repos Browser a user deleted an entire directory, or in my
> case, a project, is there a quick undelete I can do or will I have to
> restore from the latest dump?
>
> I am using Subversion on a Linux box and the clients are using Tortoise
> from Windows XP, some smart guy deleted an entire project just to see if
> he could! But he thought he was using a test project and not the real
> thing! he got confused about the URL he was using!
> And since users that can commit files must also have delete rights...

How about checking out the previous revision?  Do you know what verion
control actually means?

H.

--
Hendrik Maryns