Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos Gaston Alvarez <ga...@tournet.com.ar> on 2001/08/24 21:10:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/coreStandardServer.java

Just a security issue.
Confirm that you are not listening only the necessary characters to know
that it doesnt match, that you are listening more. Because if you stop it
just when you know it will not match a hacker can easyly guest with is the
password. You should have a (big) min to listen before stopping it.
Sorry is this mail is useless (most probably), just a thought.

Chau,

Gaston

Posted by Carlos Gaston Alvarez <ga...@tournet.com.ar>.
forget it, I saw the other answers. Sorry.