Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2002/11/08 02:04:06 UTC

using commons components and logging

Hi,

    I wanted to use the FileUpload classes and then I found out I needed
beanutils.jar. OK, yet another Jar in my classpath, so far so good. Then
however, I get another class not found exeception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
	at org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.(MethodUtils.java:91)

since it needs the logging component. My code already uses Log4J which
I've been pretty happy with-- isn't there some properties file I can set
to use log4j or setting a method call-- or do I really need yet another
logging library?

    Thanks, Jason